Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas...

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about when I say we all need gifts. 

"I have never analyzed a man who did not have, somewhere hidden in his mind, a dislike if not a hatred for someone. Until you know it is true of you, you will destroy whatever truth can come of this atrocity. Part of knowing who we are is knowing we are not someone else. And "hate" is the only name we give to that stranger, that agony we cannot feel, that death we look at like a cold abstraction. Each man has his hate; the black, the yellow, the white, it is the other. And the hates also have there hates. And now, now above all, you must see that you have yours- and that is why there is nothing and will be nothing until you face your own complicity with this...your own humanity." 
- Incident At Vichy

What a season! MERRY CHRISTMAS. And, a HAPPY NEW YEAR (if that day ever comes. ;)) But, I guess I should start with whats on my mind. 
Murder of Christmas. 
That would be us, and well you, me, your best friend, and really any one- we forget the reason to have christmas. We travel or ski or swim or drink hot co-co or we tan in the sun. It really depends on where your from, however, we all do something the same with christmas and that would be of course the gifts. Now, don't get me wrong a gift is OUTSTANDING and I love them, however- lets remember to give more then we get. 
When and what do we give? Well, I give my family things they can open up, things they can touch- a real gift in the hand. They give the same type of gift back to me. However, I try and do something fun for friends as well,  but I'm poor so I can't get all my friends something. As I sat and thought if making cookies would fixs this, I thought again from the other point of view. The receiver. As a receiver I have always been one to say "its the idea that matters" Now, that might sound a little kidish, however its true. So, give more then you get. But wait- there is one more thing, the murder. This is a season we all jump with joy and love everyone. WRONG- this is the time when also friends and loved ones are hurt. You didn't try and hurt them but it hurt and killed the the spirit of christmas and the real reason we have it. We are blessed today to be here. To have family around who loves you and friends. Don't be the person who murders christmas for something you want now rather then the real thing you want in the end. 
I guess the point I am trying to say is- forgive, forget, move on. Love those you have in your life. Don't wish you had something that you don't. And, invite everyone into your heart. Don't change yourself, however, make yourself a friend. A friend is all most people want for christmas and well, thats a good gift for someone like me to give when your poor. 


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


1 comment:

  1. haha found your blog from a friend of friend! haha thought it was cute!

    ReplyDelete